Challenge: Create a model of a river system that solves the problem of drought during planting time and transportation of water to the fields. Move the “water” from the “river”, across a distance of 1 meter, and deposit it on the “field”.
Goal: Use simple machines to solve one of the problems ancient Mesopotamian farmers faced.
· “Water” may not be moved by hand, but the device must be human powered.
· The “water” must stay clean, no human body parts may enter the river.
· You have 2 class sessions to design and build your device.
· You will have 3 minutes to move the water from the river to the field.
· You may not spill the “water”.